- Risks of Astronomical Future Suffering
- The Importance of Wild-Animal Suffering
- Thoughts on Robots, AI, and Intelligence Explosion
- Differential Intellectual Progress as a Positive-Sum Project
- Against Wishful Thinking
- A Dialogue on Suffering Subroutines
- Identifying Plausible Paths to Impact and their Strategic Implications
- Suffering-focused AI safety: Why “fail-safe” measures might be our top intervention
Ethics and Charity
Hedonistic vs. Preference Utilitarianism
- Formalizing Preference Utilitarianism in Physical World Models
- Should We Base Moral Judgments on Intentions or Outcomes?
- Dealing with Moral Multiplicity
- Charity Cost-Effectiveness in an Uncertain World
- Education Matters for Altruism
- How Could an Empty World Be Better than a Populated One?
- Measuring Happiness and Suffering
- What Is the Difference Between Weak Negative and Non-Negative Ethical Views?
- The 'Asymmetry' and Extinction Thought Experiments
- Bibliography of Suffering-Focused Views